Dr. Robert J. Fisicaro
500 Rhoads Avenue
Westmont, NJ 08108
Dear Haddon Township School District Community,
It is difficult to believe that I am entering my third year as superintendent of schools. In some ways, it seems like such a short time ago that you welcomed me to the district in August 2020, at a time of great uncertainty as the pandemic had just begun. Since then, with your support, I am very proud that we have done so much more than just "survived" COVID; we have thrived. There isn't a day that passes that I am not mindful and grateful for our school community. Our parents are enthusiastic and deeply committed to their child's education. Teachers, administrators, nurses, buildings and grounds workers, bus drivers, support staff, and district aides work tirelessly to support every student. With the support of the Board of Education, we have successfully worked together and have much to be proud of. Some current points of pride include:
- We completed a shared district vision that clearly identifies our collective core values and aspirations. This was a culmination of work from district-wide surveys, focus groups, and community collaboration.
- The district has currently balanced enrollment across all neighborhood elementary schools and eliminated most of the inequities that formerly existed with a wide range of uneven class sizes.
- We have added programs and infrastructural improvements, most recently with the employment of both a Gifted and Talented teacher and Basic Skills teaching assistants who will enhance the district's ability to meet the individual needs of all students. We have also maintained all existing programs and positions from last year as part of a "no-cut" budget.
- An investment was made in Early Childhood Education as kindergarten students now have the opportunity to participate in a full-day cost-free program, effective September 2022. Half of the day will be instructional, while the other half will offer play-based activities important to early childhood development.
- Significant facility improvements across the district are also underway or have been completed, including a complete renovation to our high school lower gym and fitness center, refurbishing the auditorium and stage, and purchasing additional 21st-century technology tools.
As we begin another school year, we will continue to ask and answer the question; How can we help our students pursue their most ambitious goals and dreams while developing healthy and significant relationships to positively impact the world?
Thank you very much for your continued partnership and support. We are all here to serve you and the Haddon Township School District students to the best of our ability. Let's make it a great year!
Robert J. Fisicaro, Ed. D. Superintendent